Early Childhood Home Visitors provide services and promote healthy family life through referrals, screening and assessment, home visitation and training utilizing the Parents as Teachers (PAT) curriculum, group classes, marketing, case record management, and reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Expectant parents and parents with children under 5 shall be assessed and screened for child abuse risk, using the established National & State screening tools and procedures
- All families with children ages 0 to 5 are eligible for NM Home Visiting
- Ensure home visitation services use the PAT Curriculum for all parents accepting Thriving Kids Home Visiting services
- Report suspected child abuse and domestic abuse/violence to the local authorities via SCI as required & support families during their review.
- Ensure that home visiting services are fully documented in the required database within the required timeframe.
- Ensure that all referrals, assessment, screening, and educational services, and goals for parents are entered and counted in the database.
- Ensure fellow staff delivering services are accounting for all services scheduled and delivered in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates effective facilitation of individual/small group training skills for diverse audiences.
- Understands group dynamics; demonstrates self-awareness as well as empathy/sensitivity to others.
- Demonstrates the ability to embrace the varied cultures & beliefs and to develop professional relationships with community members & professionals.
- Communicates verbally and in writing in a clear, concise manner, and effectively conveys ideas.
- Demonstrates the ability to manage multiple priorities, illustrates attention to detail, and shows evidence of being conscientious regarding strict deadlines.
- Skill using appropriate software programs such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Power Point as well as data collection programs.
- Experience in early childhood education settings, home visiting, &/or childcare centers.
- Experience or training in development and implementation of parenting skills curriculum.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Required Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- High School Diploma/GED; or High School equivalency
- 1 year of experience in the field of early childhood education; maternal/child health, child development and/or public health.
- Desire to pursue Higher Education in a related field to ensure well-qualified staff pursuant to Home Visiting standards by both State & Federal recommended credentials.
- Articulates an understanding of adult learning principles and techniques
- Associates degree or higher in related fields; Social Work, Family & Consumer Science, Early Childhood Education, Nursing, Psychology, or Public Health
- Demonstrated experience in conducting program evaluations.
- Articulates understanding of basic evaluation techniques and use of customer feedback to improve overall program effectiveness/impact
- Articulates an understanding of Reflective Practice.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish highly preferred but not required.
Other Skills and Abilities
- U.S. Citizenship, a valid driver’s license, transportation, and auto insurance are required.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
– Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
– Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
– Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
– Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
– Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
– Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Physical Demands: Works in office areas. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. Uses personal computer, telephones, copiers, printers and other office equipment. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com