When fully funded through CSBG, clients’ total household income must be 125% or less the federal poverty level. Otherwise, CAASNM only considers the complexity of the return and does not have any income limits and there are no specific eligibility requirements.
Based on the AARP charter, CAASNM provides the following tax filing services:
1) CAASNM will prepare individual taxes (not partnership, S or C Corporation) and will prepare 1040’s and schedules A, B, C, simple D and simple E.
2) Schedule C’s must be sole proprietorship, and CAASNM will not do depreciation/amortization, or home office.
3) Schedule D’s will be completed as long as the taxpayer has documentation, and basis for all sales.
4) Schedule E’s (rent and royalty income) will only be completed if not claiming depreciation/amortization.
1) FORM 1095-A (if you bought insurance through the MARKETPLACE) or proof of exemption. If available, bring FORM 1095-B or FORM 1095-C
2) Proof of all income for the last tax year: W-2’s, any form 1098, any form 1099 (C, G, R, int, div, misc) , SSA-1099R and tuition statements
3) Previous year’s tax return(s), if available
4) Social Security card or ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number) for each person included in your taxes, including dependents
5) Some form of identification for taxpayer and spouse ( New Mexico identification card, driver’s license, passport, birth certificate)
6) Routing and account numbers for bank account (if client wants a direct deposit of his/her refund)